Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mistake In Investing Directly In Metals



Don’t make the mistake of doing this emotionally. There are some great stories that end in tragedy and heartbreak (as well as broke-ness) from people who invested their money emotionally. Take all of the emotion out of it. This isn’t a game you want to play when under a hot head or heavy heart. You need to use your mind to invest properly. You have to really understand and analyze things with a special attention to detail. You need to really be on your game.

When I first got into investing, I didn’t know where to begin. I played games and bought and sold stocks based on “gut feeling.” And although sometimes and some people are able to take advantage of that “gut feeling.” It’s not always the best indicator of success in any financial market. You really need to differentiate between a gut feeling based on fact and data and analysis, and a gut feeling based on emotional attachment to a particular type of investment. 

Don’t make the same mistakes I did when I first started out selling bonds, and trading stocks. I was a fool-hearted moron who lost a lot of money. But having said that, my early days as an investment trader were full of life lessons I’ve carried with me throughout my entire amateur career as an investor in financial markets around the globe. I learned a lot of things that I still use today. 

And who’s to say that I wasn’t meant to go through all those losses just so I could get to the point I’m at today with investing my money. I learned a  lot of different things and I was able to pick up some tricks along the way to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment