Thursday, May 23, 2013

How I Started Trading Stuff



I started out in stocks. Penny stocks were so easy to trade and didn’t require a ton of capital to make some money. It was so fun and addicting. Investing money in stocks is almost like gambling. It’s got the same feeling. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did brain studies on investors and gamblers and they found a very similar type of brain activity. It is an addiction based on profit and loss. I love it – lol.

But after a while I wanted to up the ante so I started investing in currencies. Foreign exchange markets are really tough cookies to crack, but man can you make a TON of money investing in these markets. You just have to buy a certain type of currency and then sell it once it’s at a higher rate as compared to another type of currency. You do this continuously until you’re able to cash out big! 

I love investing. It’s such a great field to be in. I don’t even know how or why I decided to start investing, but I remember the day I started. I bought a penny stock at $0.43 per share (1000 shares) and sold it for $0.76 per share. That’s a total profit of $300+ in the matter of days. And I didn’t even have to do a ton of work. And if you’re lucky you can even score big if a penny stock starts to move up and up and up to the double digits. It’s amazing, but it’s very rare.

After a few months of doing that I started to trade foreign exchange with similar results. It was a great feeling. I was making lots of money in the investment game. But then I made a stupid mistake. I placed bets on pure emotional attachment to stocks and currencies. I totally failed miserably. The stocks and currencies plummeted and I was left biting my hands. It was gut-wrenching. 

Luckily I didn’t lose ALL of my money. I still had some money left. But this time I decided to go into a more stable market with more long term success and value. I decided to purchase commodities - precious metals to be exact. Precious metals are a great thing to invest your money in. They are beautiful, but also valued very much. They are a store of value, because of the demand they create in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment